GBL Ventures (a unit of Good Business Lab) develops innovative, user-centered workplace technologies (e.g. in HR technology, Financial technology) for labor intensive manufacturing sector. Its vision is to improve lives of workers by bringing innovative solutions impacting day-to-day processes (for e.g. communication between workers and managers) to the fore.
GBL was founded in 2017 as a research-based start-up by two academics from the University of Michigan and the Head of Organizational Development at Shahi Exports, India's largest apparel exporter. Today, GBL is using its research findings to build innovative products.
We have secured significant funding, and are creating technologies for the greater good! We are actively looking for Product enthusiasts who love the challenge and excitement of a fast growing company. We are looking to double our team. Along with building G.R.E.A.T (good, research-based, enabling, accessible, transformative) products, which are backed by rigorous research, we have a culture of care, empathy, and flexibility.
Here is brief information on two of the many products that we are currently building:
- Grievance management dashboard: a gamified dashboard for the HR in large apparel manufacturing factories to record, track and manage grievances received anonymously from workers. The web application is cloud hosted and integrates with the telecommunication sector. The reach of this product is across India with plans to scale in different regions such as Asia-Pacific, Africa, and Latin America.
- Salary advance tool (Fintech space): An app which will enable employees in a large apparel manufacturing factory to withdraw their earned salary at any given time in the month.
- Analyze our processes and instigate changes to help scale our operations and improve user experience
- Draft SOPs (processes/execution/deliverables) and ensure appropriate workflow and implementation of products is in compliance with the SOPs
- Manage 2-3 clients simultaneously while delivering outputs on time with expected quality
- Work closely with other teams (product, marketing, and operations) and verticals/departments to improve our product offerings and messaging around new products and features
- Identify and document unique insights for product scale-up and implementation
- Work with external vendors; communicate and escalate project issues and risks as appropriate
- Control priorities of projects throughout a project’s lifecycle
What we are looking for
- 1- 2 years of experience in SaaS, HR tech, Edtech operations
- You have a user first mindset and are energized by the challenge of solving difficult problems
- Proficient in corporate productivity(G-suite, Asana, notion, airtable,etc.) and web presentation tools
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organization, self-management and problem-solving skills
- You have a process-oriented mindset and ability to get things done
- You are able to prioritize and enjoy working in a quick-moving environment
Location: Bangalore, India.
Please note that this is a hybrid role , will need travel
Remuneration: 3 LPA - 4 LPA
Start Date - As early as possible
How to Apply
- CV screening
- Introductory First-Round Interview (optional)
- Exercise round (take home assignment + technical interview)
- Culture fit interview
- Final interview (optional)
Please click "Apply" button to start your application.
About The Company
Good Business Lab (www.goodbusinesslab.org) is an independent, non-profit labor innovation lab that uses rigorous research methods to design, develop, and test scalable, market-ready interventions capable of providing dual benefits to workers and businesses.
This job profile is at the intersection of GBL’s tech and ventures verticals, which are at a nascent stage and therefore, you will have unparalleled opportunities to make a big impact. GBL’s tech vertical aims to translate proven solutions into marketable products and the ventures vertical aims to take those products to the market.
We offer traditional monetary workplace benefits such as insurance and travel allowance. We also offer several other non-monetary workplace benefits like flexible work hours, the ability to work remotely, and no rigid limit on annual paid leave. We are a young and growing start-up making us the ideal ground for team members to experiment, take on dynamic roles, and grow with us. We focus on happiness, output, and quality of work.
On Our Culture
We want to tell you a little bit more about the position and organization you are applying to:
- Flexible leave policy: Time away from work can be extremely helpful for maintaining a healthy work/life balance. GBL encourages managers and leadership to set the example by taking time off when needed and ensuring their team members do the same. We don't have a strict limit on paid leaves, only suggested ( extremely liberal) averages.
- Flexible working hours: We recognize that a better work-life balance can improve employee motivation, performance, productivity, and reduce stress. The basis of our norms pertaining to this is a system of trust in each other and our common goals.
- Training and Development: GBL team members can set aside 10% of their work time / around 4 hours a week to improve their skills/knowledge on a subject that they think will help them perform their job better. We encourage all employees to focus both on technical and soft skills. We also facilitate employee mentorship programs.
- GBL Care Systems: As an organization, we are committed to ensuring the wellbeing of our team members and creating a thriving work environment- because that gives us, together, the best chance at achieving our shared mission and sparking joy at work. We do this by partnering with organizations such The Mindclan, Therapize among others for workshops and other wellbeing-related initiatives.
- Growth-oriented review policy: To foster collaboration, we have adopted regular reviews and check-ins among team members. We see a manager's role beyond what is expected from them by conventional management thinkers. Apart from delivering high-quality work, managers are responsible for the holistic development of their team members. This can be achieved through practices inspired by coaching philosophy.
- Wellbeing budget: This includes an individual budget for each team member that they can claim reimbursement for things such as therapy, any physical-health related activity and home office setup. Additionally, there's a separate budget for Managers for care packages or any other team activities. There's also a budget for our People Operations team to organize team-wide activities or provide mental health services in collaboration with organizations like Therapize and Mindclan.
Recent projects and blog posts
To acclimatize yourself with some of our work, you can read our blog posts on Medium, and also go through our LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Our Commitment to Diversity
GBL is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We offer traditional monetary workplace benefits such as insurance and travel allowance. We are a young and growing company making us the ideal ground for team members to experiment, take on dynamic roles, and grow with us. We focus on happiness, output, and quality of work.